Sunday, August 14, 2011

All By Myself...

Do you ever feel that you are all alone? I know I do. It's not easy going from parents, to husband, to alone. One day you are a wife and a mother. The next just a mother. With 2 grown sons. Two grown ,married sons. What do you do now? Where do you go? What is your purpose now? You have no one to take care of. And that is all you have ever known. You feel there is no one to take care of you. What will happen if you get sick? Who will be there for you? I always thought I would have my husband to take care of me. But alas, it was not meant to be.

There are a lot of parties when you are all by yourself. Pity parties. Don't need to send invitations, cause it's a party for 1. You are already there. No need to dress up. Poor me...Poor me...Poor me!

But in the midst of all your self pity, you do the only thing you can. You cry out to God. And He is there. Comforting you, giving you a shoulder to cry on and lean on.

Giving you the strength you didn't realize you had.
James 4:9-10 says Be afflicted and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness...Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
In our weakness he is strong.He is our Rock and our comfort.

I can remember laying in the floor one Sunday morning,crying (screaming is more like it) out to God for answers, wanting to know why things had happened and wanting to know what was I going to do. My heart was broke and I thought it would never heal. I just wanted to die. In my distress I heard a voice say get up and dry your eyes and go to church, for I AM WITH YOU. So I did.

Since then I have prayed more, read my Bible more and have never been closer to God. I'm no where near where I need to be. But who is? We are to strive to be better and do more for God.

I praise God for getting me through those trying times. I praise him for ALWAYS being there for me. And I believe he will get me through all my trials.
We/ I will always have trials. Things will go wrong. That's life. We aren't promised easy and good all the time. But he does promise to be there with us and for us. And that makes me happy :)

Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.

For all my trials (and yours too)......this too shall pass.


With love,
Kathy



1 comment:

  1. Awwww :( I hate that. You are too young, hot, awesome, and wonderful to feel that bad.

    ReplyDelete