Saturday, September 24, 2011

What To Do When You Get Down

The other day I was so excited. I had been working with a man on some songs I had written, He is putting them to music. He's going to make me a cd and a soundtrack. And I was estatic!!!!!!

Then I go to work. And I tell a friend, who by the way I tell everything to. And she brought me down. Way down.

I didn't realize just how bad it brought me down. I mean I tell her just about everything. So why did she have to be so negative about it?


I have been a mess all week. Second guessing everything. Feeling almost, well actually I was, DEPRESSED.

But then I realized, maybe she is jealous. Maybe, just maybe, she is envious of me. Over the last few months I have been telling her about my calling. About what I feel led to do for God. And recently she has had something negative to say about everything I do.

I am working and praying so hard to do God's will. And then I let somebody bring me down. Give the devil an inch and he will take a mile.

I know that God has called me to work for him. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt. But I let one little comment, one little moment where somebody had to say something negative, ruin my feeling of good. And it makes me mad!

I'm mad at myself for listeniong to negativity. I'm mad because someone I consider 'friend" would be negative about something I was so excited about.

It made me wonder if God really has called me. It made me wonder if I was just imagining it. I've gone back and forth in my mind. I'll just quit and won't do anything for God...No preaching, no singing, no nothing! That will "show" her and everybody else who doesn't believe in me.

But, that is not what God wants from me. That will do nothing but make the devil happy. And I'm not going to make the devil happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So devil, I'm putting you on notice , as of right now, this very minute, I AM NOT LETTING YOU DEFEAT ME! I HAVE THE POWER, IN JESUS' NAME TO REBUKE YOU, TO TELL YOU TO GET OFF MY BACK, TO GET BEHIND ME AND TO LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!I BELONG TO JESUS AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO NOW I SAY THIS.............PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOWS....PRAISE FATHER, SON AND HOLY GHOST........

I praise you Lord for everything you have done and for everything you are going to do!!!!!! I praise you with all my soul.....with all my heart!!!!!

Whatever comes your way....Praise Jesus......for all the good times and the bad.....Praise Jesus....When the devil says I can't....I will turn him away...and Praise Jesus...Praise Jesus...Praise Jesus!!!!!!!!!

Ok....I feel sssoooooooo much better now!!!!!

Thank you Lord Jesus!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

With Blessings and Praise,
Kathy

2 comments:

  1. AMEN SISTER! :) Don't you doubt you should be a preacher. it will happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so understand. I have a good friend that has become very jealous and can be very catty. It really does send me into a depression because i love her. I just made a decision to keep loving. and I will now tell Satan to back off because I will praise, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete